Friday, February 22, 2013

Llama vs. Alpaca

So when you google images of Peru you will find at least one picture with a llama... or is it an alpaca? (Even one of my Peru Travel Books has one of these creatures on the cover.) I've seen both of these terms used and both animals look very similar if you don't know what you're looking at.

So one day while I was hard at work (i.e. on pinterest) I came across this helpful chart that actually explained the difference between llamas and alpacas. Since it seemed relevant (and funny) I decided to share it one my blog so that everyone will once and for all know the difference between these guys!


The quote to go along with the chart: "And to put it simply: Alpacas are pleasant looking and Llamas look like they’re constantly judging you."

Enjoy!

By the way, I'm going to try to write a post a week about something I think is interesting about Peru or about something I'm working on to get to Peru. They will probably show up on Friday or Monday each week (unless I forget, which is definitely a possibility).

No comments:

Post a Comment